The Seydel 1847 Classic was the first diatonic harmonica with stainless steel reeds. This harmonica features sealed maple wood comb with widened, slightly oval holes to maximise airflow across the stainless steel reeds. The corners have also been rounded for extra playing comfort, while the reed plates are screwed to the comb and highly polished stainless steel cover plates are bolted through the body for extra airtightness and tone. The wooden comb adds some mellowness and warmth to the tone.
The Seydel 1847 Classic features:
• Full and loud, overtone-rich sound and extremely fast tone-response due to stainless steel reeds
• Very long durability and even with heavy duty playing – stainless steel reeds and stainless steel rivets
• Less air-loss due to fine-cut reed plates – optimized flatness and extremely small tolerances between reed and reedplate
• The overtone-rich sound can spread out undampened – covers made of extra strong stainless steel sheet (0.4mm), opened wide at the back and crimped and therefore a good stability and rounded edges
• moisture-proof, swelling-free maple-comb.
The 1847 is the result of Seydel’s 170-year of experience in manufacturing high-quality harmonicas.